It doesn’t matter if you’re an online slots expert or noob, many Canadian gamblers will agree that free spins no deposit offers are among the best promotions that you can claim! We’ve made sure that we’ve reviewed only the top free spins no deposit Canada sites because you deserve the very best. You can discover some of those sites in our handy list as well as learn more about no deposit free spins and other types of spins promotions here.
Check out the best free spins no deposit Canada casinos in 2020!
- play 800+
- play 1000+
- play 850+
- play 400+
What are free spins no deposit?
In short, free spins no deposit promos let you make real money bets on a slot game using the casino’s money, without first having to make a deposit with your own cash.
More specifically, it is a type of casino promotion in which an online casino gives you the chance to play and try out online slots for real money with money supplied by the casino, without you first having to make a deposit by transferring Canadian dollars into your casino account via your preferred payment method.
Essentially, you are awarded a select number of spins. Each spin is worth a predetermined value of money (e.g. CA$0.01 or CA$0.10). Usually, you can play your spins on a specific game or group of games designated for this promotion. In some ways, one could argue that no deposit free spins are the only true “free spins” at a casino since you don’t have to fund your account first to claim them.
How do they work?
Here’s the gist of how this offer works at most free spins casino sites:
- Sign up and register a free account.
- Claim the offer. Usually no deposit casino free spins are awarded automatically once you’ve completed the sign up process. Sometimes you may be required to use a no deposit free spins bonus code to activate them or notify customer support and they’ll award them to you. It all depends on the casino’s policy.
- Play your spins on the designated game by opening up the game in your browser. Your spins should automatically come into play with your first spin of the reels.
- Any wins you get are added to your account.
*Keep in mind that most offers have a time limit. In other words, you only have a certain number of days (sometimes only hours) in which to play them. If you do not play all your spins within the allotted time, they will expire and you will not have the chance to reclaim them.
Terms and conditions
Every free spins offer, regardless of whether or not a deposit is required, is linked to terms and conditions. These are the specific rules that apply to the offer you claim and activate. It is these rules where you will learn important specifics such as:
- If a code is required for claiming.
- The number of spins you’ll receive.
- The game(s) on which you can play your spins.
- The number of days or hours you’ll have to play your spins before they expire (if applicable).
- The maximum amount you can withdraw from your free spins winnings if there are win limit restrictions (e.g. wins may be capped at CA$100, CA$50 or lower, especially in the case of no deposit offers).
- The wagering requirements that must be met in order to withdraw winnings from free spins if this applies.
Winnings and Terms and Conditions
Understand that while you can keep what you win from your no deposit free spins casinos of choice, this doesn’t mean that you can withdraw those winnings right away.
In other words, the winnings will remain in your casino account and you can use them to play casino games (slots or others) for real money. However, in order to cash them out/withdraw them from your account, you will need to meet wagering requirements. Ultimately, what this means is that you will need to deposit and bet with your own money a certain number of times before you can withdraw your free spins no deposit Canada winnings. This might sound unfair, but never forget that an online casino is a business and businesses are not in the habit of giving away cash for free.
*In our experience, we have found that free spins with no deposit in Canada carry higher wagering requirements (e.g. up to 50x or even 100x) compared to those that are awarded with a deposit (e.g. 25x to 35x). We explain more about wagering requirements in our reviews.
How to Choose the Best No Deposit Free Spins Casinos in Canada
We know that if you want to play at a free spins no deposit casino, you want to play at today’s best brands. Why would you settle for a second-rate experience? We certainly wouldn’t!
When you find a free spins online casino with a no deposit offer you like, consider the following:
- Make sure the casino is legally licensed and regulated to operate. It should be licensed by a recognized online gambling regulator like the Malta Gaming Authority, Kahnawake Gaming Commission, etc.
- Make sure the casino is geared toward Canadian players (e.g. supports Canadian currency, payments, etc.)
- Be sure the casino offers games you like and games from well-known and trusted software providers like NetEnt, Microgaming, Play’n GO, Yggdrasil, etc.
- Make sure it’s free to register an account (never play at a casino that charges you a fee to sign up!)
- Learn about the offer before you claim it. How many spins do you get? What game(s) do you get to play? How do you activate the free spins? How long do you have to play them? Can you keep all your winnings or can you win only up to a certain amount? If there are ever any unanswered questions, don’t hesitate to contact support about the promotion.
- Be sure the casino has transparent terms and conditions and fair wagering requirements.
Other Types of Free Spins and how to get them
Curious to know what types of online casino Canada free spins are ready and waiting for you? Here’s a look at the most common promotions you’re likely to come across.
Deposit Free Spins
Deposit free spins, sometimes known as extra spins, are awarded only after you have deposited a minimum amount of funds (as stipulated by the promotion rules) into your bankroll. These spins may be given in addition to a deposit casino cash bonus or on their own. Like the no deposit variety, they may be activated automatically once you’ve made your deposit, or you may require a code or need to contact support to claim them.
Many of these promotions are welcome bonus free spins and tend to be awarded with a new player’s first deposit or over their first few deposits as part of a welcome package. In these cases, the number of spins you could get may be in the hundreds.
Still feeling a little hazy on what makes no deposit free spins different from deposit free spins offers? Here’s a quick comparison of the two:
|No Deposit Free Spins||Deposit Free Spins|
|Free spins are awarded without a deposit.||You must deposit a minimum amount of money into your casino account before you can claim free spins.|
|You don’t have to be a real money player to claim these spins, which makes them a great way to test out the casino risk-free.||You need to be a real money player (registered and made a deposit to claim spins).|
|You are given a small number of spins (e.g. 10).||You are given a larger number of spins usually 50 or more.|
|Spins usually have a lower monetary value ($0.2 or $0.5).||Spins tend to have a higher monetary value (e.g. $0.10, $0.20, etc.).|
|The amount of money you can win from the spins is capped at a certain amount, wagering requirements are often higher.||If there is a win cap it’s usually not as low and wagering requirements are often less. You’re also more likely to find deposit free spins with no wagering requirements compared to no deposit spins.|
No Wagering Free Spins
These are the best free spins of the bunch! Why? The reason is in the name: no wagering. That’s right, if you come across a free spins casino in Canada that offers wager-free spins, it means that your winnings can be withdrawn any time you’d like as no playthrough requirements are required to cash out.
The bottom line is that the money you win is yours to keep and withdraw whenever you want, with no strings attached.
This online casino free spins offer is truly one of the best, but it is the rarest of the bunch and what’s even more rare is for you to come across free spins with no deposit and no wagering requirements. They do exist, but expect a small number of spins and a tight win cap.
Typically, wager-free spins offers are almost exclusively reserved for real money players who make a deposit. This is not surprising because free spins bonus casinos spend a lot of money on these offers so they are not going to give them away for nothing in return.
Free Spins Welcome Bonuses
Free spins are most commonly included as the main welcome offer or as part of a bigger welcome bonus offer or package. If included with a match bonus, this means you will be awarded bonus money from the casino on top of your spins. Regardless of what it might include, a welcome bonus, package, etc. is the reward that is given to you by an online casino as soon as you make your first deposit.
For instance, a free spins welcome bonus may look like:
- Free spins only – Get up to 100 Free Spins with your deposit
- Free spins + Match Bonus – 100% Bonus up to $200 + 50 Free Spins
To obtain welcome bonus free spins, you will need to:
- Register a free casino account
- Make your first deposit (which needs to meet the minimum amount to claim the promo)
- Claim the offer
- Play your spins on the specified game
Just remember that if you want the maximum amount of spins, you’ll likely need to make the maximum deposit (e.g. you may have to deposit $100 to get the full 100 Free Spins).
One of the benefits of welcome bonus free spins is that you have the chance to get way more free spins than a free spins no deposit Canada offer. We’re talking potentially hundreds of free spins compared to 10 or 20.
How to Get More Free Spins
If you want more casino free spins beyond what you can claim as a new player, we recommend you do the following:
- Sign up for promotional offers, so you’ll be sent the latest offers through emails, SMS, etc.
- Take part in tournaments. Many freerolls and buy-in tournaments offer free spins prizes.
- Actively participate in loyalty clubs and VIP programs as free spins are often an exclusive perk of these rewards systems.
If you want the cream of the crop, you’ll need to find the casino that offers you the free spins experience you want. The best way to do this is to:
- Take advantage of all free spins casino offers! Remember, it is not uncommon for casinos to offer Canadian customers with all type of free spins bonuses in the form of no deposit sign up offers, welcome offers and ongoing promotions.
- Choose to play at more than one casino that offers new player free spins and regular promotions.
- Read the terms and conditions to make sure you know what you’re getting into and how to best use what you receive to your benefit.
- Check back with us regularly! We update our listings all the time. Our goal is to provide you with the best wager-free spins and the best free spins no deposit casino Canada offers for 2020 out there.
What games can you play with your free spins no deposit?
The games that are available to play with no deposit free spins, or any free spins offer for that matter, is entirely up to the casino. Rarely will you ever have the luxury of being able to play any game you want. That’s because usually the casino has an arrangement with one of its software providers.
That being said, for Canadian players, it’s not uncommon for us to be able to enjoy free spins on select games from software providers like:
- Microgaming – well known for hot slots like Thunderstuck II, Immortal Romance and the millionaire maker, Mega Moolah
- Play’n GO – renowned for very popular titles like Book of Dead and Raging Rex
- Yggdrasil Gaming – praised for its series of Viking-themed games like Vikings Go Berzerk and Vikings Go To Hell.
- NetEnt – An industry leader, NetEnt is renowned for award-winning games like Jack and the Beanstalk, Gonzo’s Quest and the ever-popular Starburst.
Sometimes, no deposit offers are reserved for less popular slots titles or they may be given on a brand new game as an incentive for players to try their luck at a fresh slot adventure.
Pros and Cons Summary
There are lots of advantages to claiming a free spins no deposit casino Canada promotion. That being said, there are a few things that you need to keep in mind when it comes to accepting these offers if you want to get the absolute most out of them at your preferred Canadian online casino.
Here’s a quick look at the most basic pros and cons associated with this type of offer.
|No Deposit Free Spins Pros||No Deposit Free Spins Cons|
|A great way to try out some real money slots fun via your computer or on mobile, with no deposit necessary.||Usually you are awarded only a small number of free spins (e.g. 10 spins). A lager amount of spins are typically awarded only with deposit free spins|
|You can win real money.||There is often only a maximum amount that you can win (e.g. no more than $50, etc.).|
|You can withdraw the money that you win.||While in some rare cases no deposit free spins are wager-free, usually this promotion is linked to wagering requirements and sometimes these playthrough requirements can be high (e.g. 50x wager requirements or higher).|
|Sometimes you can play your spins on multiple games or choose the game you want to play.||Often in the case of no deposit offers, free spins may be limited to only one game.|
|You get to wager real money on each spin.||Spins that are given free with no deposit tend to come with low stakes ($0.01or $0.02, etc.). This means you’re not likely to score a large win.|
Yes! These are real money spins, which means that they have been given a monetary value and can therefore be used to play slot games for real. Therefore, should you win, the money you’ve won is real, too, and can be withdrawn by you.
Always opt for no-wagering free spins when you can. Otherwise, if wagering is involved, read the full bonus terms and conditions to find out what playthrough requirements you must meet first before cashing out.
No. Although most do – especially no deposit free spins – this is not always the case. The casino’s terms and conditions will tell you if there are stipulations.
No. Some free spins have greater monetary value than others. For instant, while some may be worth $0.01 per spin others may be worth $0.10.
No. Usually, the casino will specify which game or games you can play. They may even give you a choice to play one game from a selection of available games. These offers are typically linked to specific software providers (e.g. Microgaming, Play’n GO, etc.) with whom the casino has an agreement.
Yes! These offers are available for smartphone and tablet users, too.
Typically, no. Usually, these spins (deposit or no deposit) given to you by the casino are of a low value and are not high enough to trigger the features that will lead to the bigger payouts.
Right here! You can depend on us to bring you the latest top offers. Be sure to check this page often as we regularly update it to ensure that you’re always one click away from gaining accesses to the freshest rewards!
JackpotCity$1600+0 Free Spins
LeoVegas$1000+122 Free Spins
Casiplay$1000+0 Free Spins
Royal Vegas$1200+0 Free Spins
Spin Palace$600+200 Free Spins